Reporting new hires electronically is beneficial to employers in a number of ways:
- Saves on paper, processing time, and postage;
- Reduces the likelihood of errors;
- Helps to avoid rejected records because of unreadable or missing information;
- Qualifies Multistate employers for "Multistate" new hire reporting; and
- Allows employers with many work sites to centralize their new hire reporting.
There are two ways employers can report electronically:
- Online Reporting: Employers can report their new hires online by using our convenient Web site. Confirmations of
the reports received are provided each time an employer uses this feature for reporting. Register now for online reporting.
- Electronic Reporting: Employers can export their new hire information from their payroll or human resources software into a file that meets our layout specifications. Most software manufacturers provide technical support, and some software manufacturers have recently added electronic new hire reporting options to their latest upgrades.
Please contact your payroll or human resources software manufacturers for electronic new hire reporting availability, or refer to our file submission layout to create your own file. You will only need our file submission layout if you find that your HR or Payroll software is not already set up to automatically create electronic new hire reports.
Payroll companies also provide automatic electronic new hire reporting as an extra service for employers. If you have
questions about this service, please contact your payroll service company directly.
How to Send us a File
- Secure Web transfer through this Web site; Register here and start now.
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), using your existing Internet connection and a Windows compatible FTP client called FileZilla. Please refer to our File Transfer information for details on the file formats and transfer methods available.
- 3.5" IBM formatted diskette or CD-R, sent to our mailing address.
- Encrypted e-mail files can also be sent to the Center. We will only accept encrypted files via e-mail; new hire reports sent via e-mail without encryption will not be accepted.
Our goal is to make reporting your new hires as simple and easy as possible. If you have any questions regarding electronic
reporting or if you require technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
P.O. Box 3068 Trenton, NJ 08619 | Phone (888) 541-0469 | Fax (888) 541-0521
© 2009-2019 Georgia New Hire Reporting Center. Site design by Stellarware